Saturday, August 11, 2012

Unusual Pincushion

Yesterday I set myself a challenge to finish two projects.  So this morning I was trying to think what to do for the first project.  Then I read my sister's blog http://paperplates-pjbeach.blogspot.com/ and she had just made an adorable witches hat pincushion.  It was a challenge on the Fiskars website http://www.fiskateers.com/blog/  to make a pincushions so I thought I would give it a try.  This pincushion is very different from the last two.  I also created a new personal rule "Don't design when hungry".  It came out really cute.


Brown Fleece pincushion.


Pincushion with satin frosting.


Dripping satin frosting.


Finished Donut.

The pincushion is better without frosting.  Perhaps next time I will make one with powdered sugar.  Only thing left to do is to sew beads in sprinkle colors on top.  I actually have sprinkle colored beads from making fabric cookies.  It was really easy to make and I will think about a tutorial.  I learned a lot making this project!

2 comments:

  1. PUT IT ON THE BOARD! I LOVE IT. But why isn't it chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that myself! But I didn't have any fleece the right color. I did find some stretchy doll fabric in a chocolate brown. I couldn't believe how real the donut looked! Should have offered it to a cop! I am thinking of making 11 more donut pincushions in different types and entering them at the fair in a pink box. One will definately be chocolate!

    ReplyDelete