Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Today I was working on more ribbon flowers and started decorating a box.  But I also went out today!  Making the ribbon flowers is easier with same colored threads.  So we went to Office Depot to return a mouse and walked out with an amazing calligraphy set.  It is a 33 piece set in a tin.  It has 5 nibs, 4 pens, 20 ink cartridges, pump, paper pad and instruction book.



Then we went to Joann's because we were close to it.  They had a 50% all their thread.  So I bought several colors of cotton and even some silk and glow in the dark thread.  So glad I stopped there today.

 
Gutermann thread,

This is another flat ribbon rose which I made this morning.  It is made with a thinner polyester satin ribbon.  It came out really nice.  So nice I started making other flowers so they could be decorations on a small box.

 
Flat ribbon rose.
 
 
 
Two flat ribbon roses.
 
 
 
Small box covered with handmade paper with Japanese symbol decorations.
 
So that was a very hetic day.  Tomorrow I hope to hand dye some ribbon flowers to finish the box decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment